It’s no secret that routine maintenance is a key component of vehicle ownership, and with the ever-reliable Attrell Toyota in Brampton just around the corner, we can help you keep everything running. As a driver and car owner, you must stay alert and aware of the condition of your car, truck, van, or SUV to ensure it’s working the way it should be.
The condition of your car’s battery is certainly worth noting. It’s essential to getting the car started by supplying a powerful current to the starter motor and ignition system. If your battery fails, you may be stuck wherever you are!
If a battery is in good shape, the connections will be clean and tight. There will not be any corrosion on the battery. That said, batteries don’t always warn drivers before they fail. At Attrell Toyota, we recommend replacing batteries that are more than three years old.
Call 905-451-7235 to schedule an appointment if you’d like a battery check or replacement!
“I have total confidence that when my vehicle is being serviced at Attrell, the work will be done properly.” – Greg
“Great service, professional and timely. Thanks Attrell team.”- a DealerRater.com user
How to Jump Start a Car
If your car won’t start, jump it by following these steps:
- Find a vehicle to help you with the jump
- Make sure that both cars are in “park” or “neutral” with their ignitions shut off and emergency brakes on
- Remove the caps from each vehicle’s battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other vehicle’s battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car’s battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car – make sure that it isn’t near the carburetor or the battery
- Try starting your vehicle
If you hear the sweet sounds of your engine starting, thank the person who helped you and get on your way! If your vehicle still won’t start, it’s time for a new battery.
Our trained technicians at our Toyota service center near Brampton will be happy to install the new battery for you. If you’d like more information about your vehicle’s battery or to schedule a service appointment, visit Attrell Toyota or give us a call at 905-451-7235.