Wiper blades are often the most neglected part of your vehicle—yet, the majority of driving decisions are based on visibility! Quite obviously, visibility is essential when behind the wheel—especially during the colder months when snow or sleet could hinder it.
If you’ve noticed that your vehicle’s wiper blades are chattering, streaking, or otherwise failing to wipe the windshield clean, our Brampton area Toyota dealership suggests that it’s time for new blades. If you’re unsure of what kind of blades you should purchase for your Toyota, the service technicians at our dealership can help!
“The staff was very helpful and friendly.” – Amit
“They have the best service department, I won’t take my car anywhere else anymore. Nothing compares to the service and quality. ” – Ashley
In addition to the wiper blades themselves, wiper fluid is essential for visibility—and it helps clean ice and snow off of your windshield during the winter. If you’ve pressed the button for the wiper fluid and nothing has come out, it’s time to get under the hood and top off the reservoir.
Before your start, you’ll need good-quality windshield washer fluid and a funnel.
- Before you begin, make sure your vehicle is turned off
- Locate the hood release lever and pull it
- Under the center part of the hood, discharge the latch and lift up the hood
- Open the wiper fluid and set it on the ground along with the funnel
- Locate the fluid reservoir cap and open it
- Locate the fill line just below the top edge of the reservoir opening, place the funnel in the opening, and pour the fluid into the reservoir until it reaches the fill line
- Replace the reservoir’s cap and close the vehicle’s hood—securing it back into place
- Place the top back on the bottle of fluid and rinse the funnel with water
Of course, the highly trained technicians at our Toyota service center serving Brampton can always help with any wiper blade maintenance your car may need—even if it’s just a matter of topping off the wiper fluid reservoir! Or, if you’d like to do it yourself, replacement wiper blades and windshield washer fluid are both available in our parts department.
For more information about the wiper blades on your vehicle, visit our Toyota dealer serving Brampton. If you’d like to schedule a service appointment with us, please give us a call at 905-451-7235.